Wednesday 3 June 2015

Urban Landscape: The backstreets of Newcastle

I am currently doing a photography course at Newcastle College, it's been running since February and finishes on the 15th of June. The current project is 'Urban Landscape' and I have been interested in photographing derelict and decaying buildings as part of this. I am also looking at nature in contrast with the urban buildings; where plant life has started to take back an area that has been built up. On Monday I went on a walk along a backstreet in Newcastle and took some photographs of the buildings there. I really like the different textures that appear in decaying buildings, especially where there are traces of something else that used to be on top of the brickwork, or the remains of other buildings that have now been demolished creating a patchwork of old and new.


No comments:

Post a Comment